Monday, August 30, 2010

Entering a Doll Contest

It's getting late, but I wanted to share something with you today. I am simply going to tell you that this afternoon, I made a small kerchief for one of my dolls--Louisa--who is a beautiful doll from Ginger Brook Hollow. Anyone who is a member of this web site could take the small piece of fabric sent to them by Cheri and enter a contest by making something with it. Quinlyn has also entered, and we're hoping to win one of the 8 inch dolls named Susannah or Johannah, who are twins.
~
Cheri, the owner, is very generous in sending us things from Ginger Brook Hollow, and it's a lot of fun to be a part of her contests. I have other dolls that I will show you at some point, but for today, I'm just showing you Louisa.

Louisa is one of the seven orphan girls from the Ginger Brook Hollow story "Where Love's Circle Begins." She has an eye for beauty--china and lace--and baby animals. She also loves flowers and dreams of being in a garden or owning her own flower shop some day. You can be sure that if I win one of the dolls, I'll show her to you.
~
Jamie left today and it's lonesome without her. She's very special and I enjoyed her very much. Amazing how much one can learn from the younger generation!
~
Blessings...Mimi

No comments:

Post a Comment