Monday, November 15, 2010

Happy Birthday to Quinlyn!

Today is November 15, 2010! I want to wish Quinlyn Caroline, my granddaughter who lives here, a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Today she is 13 years old and is as tall as I am now. Hard to believe, but that's life, isn't it? The picture was made this summer, but I think she's grown quite a bit since then. We both love dolls and share lots of conversations about them, as well as our love of communicating in different ways. She wrote a novel of 10,000 words for the NaNoWriMo web site in two days! And it's a very good story.  Quinlyn's birthday dinner will be here at my house, and I'll make her a pineapple cake. The original pineapple cake is in James Beard's American Cookery, but I quickly realized that I didn't want to make a white cake and have to take out the yokes. So after I found the recipe for a lighter pound cake, I use that recipe and simply put pineapple in the batter. Then I make a cream cheese icing. Quinlyn loves it! And she also loves that she can be on Facebook now!

I like to put a psalm on here for the person having a birthday. I suppose it symbolizes my hope that God is represented in our lives on these very special occasions. And here is the psalm for Quinlyn.

PSALM 127
Laboring and Prospering with the Lord

Unless the Lord builds the house,
They labor in vain who build it;
Unless the Lord guards the city,
The watchman stays awake in vain.
It is vain for you to rise up early,
To sit up late,
To eat the bread of sorrows;
For so He gives His beloved sleep.
Behold, children are a heritage from
              the Lord,
The fruit of the womb is a reward.
Like arrows in the hand of a warrior,
So are the children of one's youth.
Happy is the man who has his quiver
               full of them;
They shall not be ashamed,
But shall speak with their enemies in
               the gate.

Blessings...Mimi
"Since we are destined to live out our lives in the prison of our minds, our one duty is to furnish it well." ~ Peter Ustinov

No comments:

Post a Comment